Associate Applied Technology Technician
West Mifflin, PA, US
- West Mifflin, PA, US
- 2023-01-23 10:01:24
- Engineering & Science
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory comprises the U.S. Department of Energy locations and personnel responsible for developing advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology, providing technical support to ensure the safety and reliability of our nation’s naval nuclear reactors, and training the Sailors who operate those reactors in the U.S. Navy’s submarines and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory includes the Bettis and Knolls Atomic Power Laboratories, the Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and the Naval Reactors Facility which have proudly supported the nation since 1946. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory has nearly 8,000 employees working at primary locations in Pennsylvania, New York, South Carolina, and Idaho. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory also has an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations around the globe. We are dedicated solely to the support of the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC, a wholly own a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation.
Are you interested in a challenging career doing hands-on, highly technical work in a world-class materials testing facility The Naval Nuclear Laboratory's Advanced Material Testing Laboratory has an opening for an Applied Technology Technician possessing a background in the assembly, operation, and repair of fluids and mechanical systems. The successful candidate will operate and maintain test equipment, systems, and facilities which are used to execute experimental testing of existing and developmental materials. In addition to routine operations, duties include troubleshooting and repair of problems with existing equipment and installations and/or modification of facilities as needed to support new test programs. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Work under the close supervision of more senior technicians, professionals, and management.
• Installation and assembly of experimental test facilities, systems, and components.
• Pre-operational checkout and inspection of test facilities and systems, using established procedures and plans.
• Monitor data acquisition during routine facility operation, interpret instrument readings, and determine instrument validity both from calibration and operating conditions.
• Support senior technicians assure that facility operation is in accordance with documented test plans, test procedures, and facility operating procedures.
• Qualify as an operator on all test systems and facilities within the employee's work location.
• Establish and maintain system chemistry conditions to support testing objectives.
• Work closely with engineers to prepare work packages, procedures, and hazard analyses for various test programs.
• Operate multiple test stations while maintaining a safe work environment.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
Electrical and Mechanical Skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. FMP is a government contractor and maintains a drug free workplace and workforce. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test in compliance with FMP company policy and 10 CFR 707. Federal regulation requires FMP test for marijuana. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042, Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP) may require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date, subject to approved disability or religious accommodations. We understand this federal requirement is subject to litigation and enforcement may change. Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity