Crane Operator-Spec Cranes
West Milton, NY, US
- West Milton, NY, US
- 2024-01-30 02:00:07
- Union Represented
Working at the Naval Nuclear Laboratory we foster pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, and Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while ensuring the safety and reliability of our nation's naval nuclear reactors, and training the Sailors who operate those reactors in the U.S. Navy's submarines and aircraft carrier Fleets. Looking for a lifetime career Apply today!
As a National asset, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory provides employees with excellent pay and benefits as well as exceptional work/life balance and employment stability.
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Site Production Operations team. Apply to this position if you're seeking to work in a mission-driven, technically diverse and dynamic environment with a strong technical team focused on learning and continuous improvement.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to:
- Operate a variety of cranes including hydraulically operated mobile cranes, the derrick, crawler and rigger cranes, to perform complex blind hitches and lifts.
- Use in-depth knowledge of crane capacity, boom length, and crane operation to plan and execute crane work to instructions.
- Responsible for safe and efficient performance of all crane operations under operators direct control.
- Must maintain crane operator certifications as required per KAPL/KSO instructions.
- This job will also encompass the duties of a Class A Millwright and related duties.
*This position will require the selected candidate to qualify as a Rigger as well as a Crane operator.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Operation of Mobile Cranes (Hydraulic Telescoping and/or Lattice Boom Crawler)
- Prior metalworking experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Program
- Capital Accumulation Plan
- Personal & Medical Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Disability, Life and Accident Insurance
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Flexible Start/End Times
- Tuition Assistance for Eligible Employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Visit us online to view all NNL benefits!
Note the salary information provided above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel are FMP employees who work at four DOE facilities: Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S. Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston. FMP employees also have an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations. For nearly 70 years, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced nuclear propulsion technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and innovation of our nearly 8000 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. FMP is a government contractor and maintains a drug free workplace and workforce. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test in compliance with FMP company policy and 10 CFR 707. Federal regulation requires FMP test for marijuana. Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity