Electrical Engineer, Experienced
Goose Creek, SC
- Goose Creek, SC, 29445, US
- 2022-04-27 17:50:40
The NNL training facility in South Carolina, Nuclear Power Training Unit (NPTU) Charleston is seeking a Facilities and Off Hull Support Systems Electrical Engineer for the Site Engineering unit. This Electrical Engineer position will support operation and maintenance of the overall NPTU Site Electrical system. Areas of support include site, building and pier 13.8kV and 480v electrical distribution systems including the electrical distribution systems interface with the Moored Training Ships. Additional responsibilities will include electrical support for the Charleston Simulation Expansion Project Military Construction Project design, installation, and commissioning.
This position will also be responsible for the Off Hull process control systems. The process control system is a network arrangement containing 7 PLCs, 2 servers, and multiple HMIs which automate processes, execute operational commands, and provide system protective actions for Off Hull support systems.
Areas of responsibility for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Drive performance and availability for mission critical electrical and process controls systems
- Act as an Electrical liaison for NPTU concerns with Joint Base Charleston (JB CHS) to address Site Electrical concerns
- Provide overview and review of Site Preventative Maintenance performance by Joint Base Contractors and Operations Department and track resolution for corrective maintenance
- Support the Site Electrical Safety Functional Area Lead on technical concerns
- Support continued development of Electrical Critical Systems Engineer requirements and serve this function for NPTU
- Support development of and maintain site electrical single line drawings for use in overall configuration control and Lock-Out Tag-Out
- Develop and maintain an Electrical model for the Site electrical power distribution system for use in site coordination and arc flash studies
- Oversee the design, construction, commissioning and operation of new electrical systems in the Next Generation Training Facility
- Maintain the Off Hull process control system and perform small system modifications as needed
*Additional responsibilities may include becoming a member of the NPTU Emergency Response Organization as a collateral duty.