Environmental Compliance Engineer (Experienced)
Idaho Falls, ID
- Idaho Falls, ID, 83415, US
- 2022-02-04 00:22:06
If you are ready for meaningful challenges and are eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply to join the Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL), a global company who supports the World’s Best Navy. The Naval Reactors Facility (NRF) is looking for candidates passionate about the environment and committed to continue the Environmental Compliance and Oversight team’s technical excellence. Successful candidate will be assigned an experienced mentor to assist with onboarding process.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to live in beautiful southeast Idaho! The region offers abundant outdoor opportunities and is located just an hour from Yellowstone National Park. With NRF located west of Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and Rexburg, employees have multiple family friendly cities to choose to call home.
What will you do?:
- Develop and follow programs and projects to ensure compliance with operational, design, regulatory and Naval Reactors Program requirements. Examples include performing work document reviews, engineering evaluations and analyses to support assigned tasks.
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more environmental program areas to support safe and compliant execution of work activities and site operations. The scope of environmental program areas includes stormwater, industrial wastewater, drinking water, sanitary wastewater, air emissions, spill response, chemicals and pesticides, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) compliance, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance, State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) compliance, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) and all associated environmental permits.
- Develop, deliver and oversee training for NNL personnel to promote environmental awareness and proper stewardship.
- Provide independent oversight and assessment of NNL, subcontractor and vendor facility operations; material evaluation; design reviews and engineering methods. All engineers are encouraged to participate in development of innovative ideas/processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Preparation and maintenance of records and reports to meet regulatory and Naval Reactors Program requirements, evaluate site performance, perform field/work surveillances, interpret and implement regulatory requirements and approve technical work procedures.
- Lead inspections and interface with outside regulatory agencies (e.g. IDEQ, EPA).