Goose Creek, SC
- Goose Creek, SC, 29445, US
- West Milton, NY, 12020, US
- 2022-01-27 23:34:04
- Information Technology
Are you excited to work at a company with an innovative culture tied to a greater sense of purpose? The Naval Training and Simulation (NTS) organization within the Naval Nuclear Laboratory is responsible for designing, building, and operating nuclear training programs for the US Navy. In order to deliver these training programs to the US Navy, NTS is responsible for all aspects of the computer networks utilized for the Training Program at the Kesselring Site including a multi-site network. This includes design of the network, selection of components, and installation and configuration of the components and COTS software. The organization establishes the cyber security controls and routinely monitors the network to ensure the network is functioning as designed.
Some Duties and Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Establishing the configuration, documenting the configuration, and monitoring for compliance.
- Identify and install software and hardware, configuring network servers and services, including the Windows operating system, developing group policies, and troubleshooting problems that occur on the network.
- Support of cybersecurity initiatives and monitoring the network for proper use and vulnerabilities.
- Administration, installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting of COTS software and hardware including servers, databases, and business software.
- Provides creative and original IT solutions, in some cases leads technical efforts and serves as an authority and consultant in providing advanced information technology support for NTS and the NR program.
- Routine interactions with organizations in other directorates is expected.
The successful candidate will have a range of experience with some of the following skills.
• Examples of successfully working in a collaborative team environment including across organizations.
• Ability to research and solve complex technical problems.
• Written and verbal communication skills including writing technical documents.