- Niskayuna, NY, 12309, US
- 2022-01-12 18:26:56
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is recruiting for a Mechanical or Nuclear Engineer to work in our Fleet Reactor Engineering department providing life cycle engineering solutions for safe and reliable fleet operations. The successful candidate will deliver analyses that demonstrate our nation's nuclear fleet and prototypes can achieve their mission and ensure crews have adequate systems and procedures in place to safely operate our plants. Join our team to support the United States Navy by ensuring continued excellence in reactor safety.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform thermal-hydraulic evaluations and analyses of hypothetical reactor casualties and accidents on naval nuclear power plants, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks while working with a team of experienced analysts and experts.
- Maintain ownership of work including planning, model development, analysis, documentation, and technical reviews.
- Develop experience modeling the plant and understanding thermal-hydraulic phenomena in safety analysis codes, perform qualification of models against analytical methods and/or relevant test data, and perform analyses using modern methodologies.
- Determine the effectiveness of the plant design to mitigate consequences and, based on insights from the analysis, provide guidance to external organizations that have cognizance over relevant design features and procedures.
- Interface with customers to ensure adequacy of analyses.