Occupational Health Nurse
Goose Creek, SC
- Goose Creek, SC, 29445, US
- 2021-12-01 22:18:29
- Health Services
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is looking for an Occupational Health Nurse to join our Occupational Medical team The selected candidate will apply nursing and patient care principles directed toward conserving the health of working and maintaining a safe and healthy environment. Duties will include:
- Administer FMP/Naval Nuclear Laboratory's health programs.
- Determine and assist in the proper medical disposition of employees.
- Perform medical surveillance procedures including spirometry, audiometric testing, vision screening, phlebotomy, urinalysis, and electrocardiograms.
- Administer injections and serums.
- Carry out appropriate treatment for acute or serious illness or injury.
- Participate in evaluation and treatment of medical emergencies.
- Perform breath alcohol testing and collection of urine drug samples.
- Complete work related injury reports.
- Assist with Disability and Worker's Compensation claim reporting.
- Auditing, review, and filing of medical records.
- Preparing medical charts and appropriate documentation for daily exams.
- Perform data entry.
- Participate in site decontamination drills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and startup of a new medical facility available to NPTU-Charleston FMP employees. This individual will work in coordination with the FMP medical subcontractor to ensure employees are able to perform assigned work, with the RN providing all of the testing and the hands-on physical exam provided at an offsite facility. This person will coordinate appropriate documentation of fitness for duty and work closely with the Bettis-Pittsburgh medical clinic. This individual will report to the Bettis Medical Director.