Software/Full Stack Developer
- Niskayuna, NY, 12309, US
- 2021-08-24 21:47:19
- Information Technology
Are you an experienced software developer/full stack developer looking for a challenging position at a company with an honorable mission? A company with excellent and competitive benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, look no further. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a software developer/full stack developer to join our growing software development team. NNL develops the world's best nuclear propulsion systems, trains Sailors to operate them, and provides full lifecycle support, from technology development through design to disposal. As a software developer/full stack developer, you will be part of a team that creates client/server and web-based in-house applications that are installed onboard Navy submarines and aircraft carriers. You will play a primary role in the research, design, development, implementation, and fielding of these applications. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing high quality code, remediating vulnerabilities according to cybersecurity principles, performing unit testing with attention to detail, and publishing engineering documentation including architectural diagrams and technical specifications.
This role may be for you if you have:
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software lifecycle models.
- Knowledge of Dev/Ops environments and Continuous Integration strategies.
- Experience in developing automated unit tests.
- Familiarity with database architectures.
We proudly offer:
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience, which includes excellent health, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with company match; and paid vacation/holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement for those looking to further their education in a company-sponsored degree program.