Assistant Facilites and Construction Project Manager
Niskayuna, NY, US
- Niskayuna, NY, US
- 2023-11-14 02:00:08
Working at the Naval Nuclear Laboratory we foster pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, and Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while ensuring the safety and reliability of our nation's naval nuclear reactors, and training the Sailors who operate those reactors in the U.S. Navy's submarines and aircraft carrier Fleets. Looking for a lifetime career Apply today!
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking an Assistant Facilites and Construction Project Manager for a long-term project at the Knolls Laboratory site! If you are ready for a new challenge that offers job stability, work life balance, excellent benefits, and a mission-driven culture, apply today!
About the role:
- Plans and manages all phases of Knolls Site operationally funded construction or investment construction projects from concept through commissioning and turnover.
- Coordinates the efforts of multifunctional support groups and personnel.
- Establishes project schedules and develops/acquires funding.
- Identifies and ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and customer requirements.
- Responsible to ensure the quality of the design and construction.
- Ensures the safety and productivity of personnel assigned to the project.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing contracts, project documents, technical specifications, funding letters, design documentation and project status documentation.
- Primary interface with all internal and external customers, subcontractors, partners and vendors throughout the development, design, construction and turnover phases of the project to ensure it meets the near- and long-term objectives.
- Serves as the liaison between project coordination and planning, Subcontractor Technical Representatives, the project team, line management and the client base.
- Responsible to develop metrics and monitor/leads reviews on adherence to project plans, including schedule, budget, compliance, quality, technical and operational needs.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
Operations/Maintenance/Testing/Training experience within the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program
Demonstrated ability to articulate technical ideas/concepts in a clear and concise manner.
NNL Project Manager qualification
PMP or PMI certification.
Experience with MS Project or Primavera P6
Demonstrated project completion with delivery on time and on budget.
Field construction follow experience.
Project analysis background or experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Program
- Capital Accumulation Plan
- Personal & Medical Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Disability, Life and Accident Insurance
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Flexible Start/End Times
- Tuition Assistance for Eligible Employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Visit us online to view all NNL benefits!
Note the salary information provided above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel are FMP employees who work at four DOE facilities: Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S. Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston. FMP employees also have an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations. For nearly 70 years, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced nuclear propulsion technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and innovation of our nearly 8000 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. FMP is a government contractor and maintains a drug free workplace and workforce. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test in compliance with FMP company policy and 10 CFR 707. Federal regulation requires FMP test for marijuana. Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity