Entry Level Radiological Controls Engineer
Idaho Falls, ID
- Idaho Falls, ID, 83415, US
- 2021-07-07 15:32:16
Radiological Controls Engineering is seeking entry level engineers. Radiological Controls Engineering is primarily responsible for ensuring that radiological work at the Naval Reactors Facility (NRF) is performed in compliance with local, corporate, and regulatory requirements. Specific duties for Radiological Engineers include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and concurring with technical work documents
- Assist in the scoping and planning of complex radiological work
- Development of standards and local processes to ensure compliance to applicable requirements
- Performing audits and surveillances of documents and work processes
- Support the Emergency Response Organization through drills and exercises.
Radiological Controls Engineers are required to obtain and maintain the following qualification, all of which are obtained on-site:
- Radiation or Contamination Worker
- Engineer of NRF Work
- Engineer of Radiological Work
Performs development and/or follow of programs or projects to ensure compliance with operational, design, regulatory and Program requirements. Examples include performing work document reviews, engineering evaluations, or analyses to support assigned tasks. Provides subject matter expertise in regulated areas such as environmental, safety, and health, radiological controls, quality assurance, waste management, emergency planning and fire protection to personnel to support safe and compliant execution of work activities. Work may include providing interface, independent oversight and assessment of KAPL, Subcontractor, and vendor facility operations, material evaluations, design reviews, development of engineering methods, major site system and facility operations. Preparation and maintenance of records and reports to meet regulatory and Program requirements, evaluate and assess site performance, perform surveillances, clarify and implement regulatory requirements, prepare, review and approve technical work procedures and identify improvements to existing processes. May lead or provide support for inspections and interface with outside regulatory agencies.