Goose Creek, SC
- Goose Creek, SC, 29445, US
- 2021-06-29 16:10:49
- Information Technology
Are you an experienced Applications and System Administrator? Are you looking for a challenging position at a company with excellent benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, you're in luck! At Naval Nuclear Laboratory be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee focused as it is on its customer and is consistently awarded for both. As an Applications and Systems Administrator you serve at the technical lead for delivering Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) applications that support or customers. Your understanding and experience with servers, networking, database and application administration, scripting and system architecture will be invaluable as you create, configure, monitor and maintain our COTS applications, databases and servers.
The Naval Training Computing Systems organization is responsible for all aspects of the computer networks, applications and databases utilized at the Naval Nuclear Power Training Command. This includes design, selection of components, installation and configuration of the components. The organization establishes the cyber security controls and routinely monitors the network and applications to the system is functioning as designed. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team for support of the IT environment used for training the Navy. The successful candidate will be involved in in multiple aspects of supporting and managing the applications, network and cyber security program.
- Support a team of application developers
- Configuration, maintenance, security and performance tuning of database and application infrastructures
- Perform MS SQLServer network installations, upgrades, backups and data recovery.
- Coordinate database structure reviews
- Ensure compliance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG).
- Develop and present reports to Chief Information Officer (CIO) and senior management.
- Provide CIO, management and IT Leads with hardware configuration requirements.
- Develop and provide training for assigned staff.