Application and Systems Administrator, Entry Level
- Niskayuna, NY, 12309, US
- 2021-05-11 14:35:03
- Information Technology
Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Information Technology (IT) team. The role of the Applications and Systems Administrator requires a broad understanding of technology including server, network, database, application and scripting skills. The successful candidate will perform technical work, including operations, user support, installation, maintenance, training, testing, and troubleshooting of information management software applications including Microsoft SharePoint and other Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products within a team of other application developers and system administrators.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and support of enterprise COTS applications to ensure their security and availability to users across the Naval Reactors Program. This individual will collaborate with internal customers from various lines of business who are the functional owners of the COTS applications to assist with planning the future direction for their applications. This administrator will work with other IT professionals from specific areas of expertise including networking, physical and virtual server environments, database administration and overall system architecture. The individual will set-up, configure, monitor and maintain the servers supporting COTS applications. The person hired into this position will demonstrate strong planning and detail-oriented organizational skills that are essential during product upgrades. The ideal candidate will also possess a solid understanding of software development principles and the ability to construct and support in-house, custom built applications.
The essential duties include:
- User support and administration of the SharePoint environment and other COTS applications and servers. This includes resolving user/system problems, developing training and governance materials, providing consulting services, and drafting and issuing user communications.
- Researching issues and recommending solutions.
- Ensuring compliance to security policy and procedures by participating in the routine patching and upgrade of assigned systems.
- Influencing future development and training efforts based on interactions with Program personnel.
- Collaborating with teammates on technical recommendations to improve performance and services for the end users.
- Planning and managing the product life-cycles of existing and new implementations, including applying periodic operating system and application patches.
- Participating in the solution development process and ensuring that customer requests and needs are represented within the product.
- Collecting and understanding business requirements needed for successful implementation including; data mapping, data migration and report development.
- Thoroughly documenting processes, procedures, configurations and test plans.