Security Police Officer
Idaho Falls, ID
- Idaho Falls, ID, 83415, US
- 2021-04-22 13:59:26
As a national asset, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory provides employees with excellent pay and benefits as well as an exceptional work/life balance and employment stability.
Security Police Officers are assigned to protect Naval Reactors Program personnel, property and information from loss due to theft, diversion, sabotage, or other illegal acts. Security Police Officers screen personnel and vehicles in accordance with approved access procedures to preclude unauthorized personnel and the introduction of prohibited articles.
Essential duties include:
- Protect Naval Reactors program assets by maintaining and safeguarding the physical perimeter of the facility
- Comprehend and implement detailed procedures contained in General and Post Orders.
- Patrol and protect the property by foot and/or vehicle to deter, detect and/or assess illegal/unauthorized activities.
- Provide security protection for facilities, classified material and personnel to preclude unauthorized access, diversion, theft or intentional destruction
- Deter, detect and/or report any suspected espionage or sabotage activities.
- Control personnel and vehicle ingress/egress into/from secure areas.
- Perform escort duties as required.
- Deter, detect and/or report violations of security and safety policies/regulations.
- Respond to alarms or unusual/suspicious activities.
- Maintain the requisite knowledge of all security orders and skills pertaining to assigned duties, as well as working knowledge of applicable federal/state laws.
- Maintain Department of Energy firearms qualification and physical fitness standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is not considered all-inclusive.