Mechanical Project Engineer
West Mifflin, PA
- West Mifflin, PA, 15122, US
- 2021-04-01 19:40:27
Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) – Bettis Laboratory, located in West Mifflin, PA, is a world class research and development facility that supports the United States Naval Nuclear Fleet. An exciting career opportunity is available for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Construction Projects Engineering group, part of the Bettis Construction Department responsible for the delivery of projects from conception to closeout.? Typically, these projects involve medium-to-large scale renovations, site infrastructure upgrades, and new construction of office buildings, laboratories, and test facilities. Typical projects range in construction cost from $500k to $20+M. Our Mechanical Project Engineers are highly valued and play a key role as a member of a project team providing technical leadership in their area of expertise.
The Project Engineers works closely with Project Managers, Contract Administrators, Construction Oversight personnel, End Users, and Subcontractors to deliver infrastructure improvement projects at the Bettis Laboratory. The Project Engineers act as highly engaged owner representatives for subcontracted design efforts and maintain open subcontracts with architectural engineering firms who provide the design services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the mechanical technical lead on assigned projects, assisting with the development and definition of project functional requirements while working closely with project sponsors.
- Provide mechanical subject matter expertise during review of project documents including project specifications, drawings, project plans, and cost estimates.
- Work with project team and stakeholders to design mechanical HVAC, plumbing, piping, and building control systems for office and laboratory type facilities
- Oversee Architectural Engineering firms and construction subcontractors for code compliance and quality assurance throughout the project cycle.