Idaho Falls, ID
- Idaho Falls, ID, 83415, US
- 2020-10-20 19:29:11
Seeking an individual to join the Naval Reactors Facility Environmental Compliance organization to apply their knowledge and expertise to ensure that operations are conducted in a manner to be compliant with all applicable Federal, State and Local environmental requirements associated with the Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, National Environmental Policy Act, as well as other applicable regulations and facility related permit requirements. The Environmental Compliance organization is involved in a wide variety of activities to support facility compliance of which the successful candidate will have an opportunity to provide their expertise as well as develop new knowledge and skills. Some examples of the type of work performed include:writing regulatory reports; technical work document reviews; reviewing, interpreting, and implementation of new Federal, State and Local environmental requirements; interfacing with operations personnel to communicate and provide resolution to issues and concerns; preparation and maintenance of records; evaluate and assess site performance, perform surveillances, interface with personnel from other company locations; and lead or provide support for inspections and interface with outside regulatory agencies.
Essential Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned tasks with guidance on non-routine tasks and occasional guidance on routine tasks.
- Provide well developed subject matter expert support and review of both routine and complex procedures and specifications for compliance with regulatory and Program requirements.
- Track compliance with Federal, State, and Local requirements.
- Prepare, review and submit regulatory reports.
- Investigate and analyze instances for non-conformance to requirements to assist in corrective action development, trending and make recommendations for improvement to management.
- Prepare for site inspections and regulatory interfaces.
- Maintain and improve knowledge related to area of expertise and develop additional knowledge relative environmental topic outside area of expertise.Maintain and review facility records for completeness to ensure documentation is compliant.
- Provide assessment and oversight of facility performance within area of expertise.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of the organization as assigned.