Civil/Structural Engineer - Principal
West Milton, NY, US
- West Milton, NY, US
- 2024-01-23 02:00:07
- Engineering & Science
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory comprises the U.S. Department of Energy locations and personnel responsible for developing advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology, providing technical support to ensure the safety and reliability of our nation’s naval nuclear reactors, and training the Sailors who operate those reactors in the U.S. Navy’s submarines and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory includes the Bettis and Knolls Atomic Power Laboratories, the Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and the Naval Reactors Facility which have proudly supported the nation since 1946. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory has nearly 8,000 employees working at primary locations in Pennsylvania, New York, South Carolina, and Idaho. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory also has an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations around the globe. We are dedicated solely to the support of the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC, a wholly own a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation.
Facilities Design Engineering (FDE) provides timely, high quality, customer focused engineering solutions for facilities and infrastructure projects. FDE provides engineering oversight for the design of capital improvement projects that support the Kesselring Site and the mission of training Naval Personnel. FDE works on multidisciplinary design teams in support of projects that construct or upgrade training facilities and site infrastructure. Engineers in FDE work closely with subcontracted engineering and architectural firms as well as facility end users and operations engineering to develop integrated final designs for facilities related projects. The group provides design, support of the bid and procurement process for construction, engineering field support for the construction phase, commissioning and project close out support.
All positions at the Kesselring Site includes participation in the Site's Emergency Response Organization.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years of relevant experience; or an MS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven years of relevant experience.
- Experience with the design and construction of underground utility (water supply, stormwater, sanitary sewer, etc.) and aboveground (roadways, buildings, etc.) infrastructure projects.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills and the ability to coordinate multi-discipline teams.
- Working knowledge of the New York State Building Code requirements (for campus and industrial type facilities).
- Experience with the development of engineering documents (e.g., design drawings, engineering analyses, technical specifications, functional requirements, costs estimates, equipment maintenance requirements and engineering sketches)
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Experience with Design Build and Design-Bid-Build contract delivery methods.
- Working knowledge/experience with AutoCAD and GIS software.
- Familiarity with cost estimating software programs.
- Working knowledge of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) codes and standards.
Compensation and Benefits
Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
401(k) Savings Program
Capital Accumulation Plan
Personal & Medical Time Off
Paid Parental Leave
Disability, Life and Accident Insurance
9/80 Work Schedule
Flexible Start/End Times
Wellness Rewards Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance for Eligible Employees
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Visit us online to view all NNL benefits!
$105,600 - $158,400 annually
Please note that the salary information shown is a general guideline only.
Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.