2024 Electrical/Computer Engineering Co-op
West Mifflin, PA, US
Niskayuna, NY, US
West Milton, NY, US
- West Mifflin, PA, US
- Niskayuna, NY, US
- West Milton, NY, US
- 2023-03-17 01:00:09
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory comprises the U.S. Department of Energy locations and personnel responsible for developing advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology, providing technical support to ensure the safety and reliability of our nation’s naval nuclear reactors, and training the Sailors who operate those reactors in the U.S. Navy’s submarines and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory includes the Bettis and Knolls Atomic Power Laboratories, the Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and the Naval Reactors Facility which have proudly supported the nation since 1946. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory has nearly 8,000 employees working at primary locations in Pennsylvania, New York, South Carolina, and Idaho. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory also has an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations around the globe. We are dedicated solely to the support of the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC, a wholly own a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation.
Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) Technical Co-op positions fully integrate students into various organizations with assignments that provide real-world work experience in their fields.
Co-op students may be engaged in a variety of different tasks supporting one or more technical areas including:
• Researching and developing new analysis methods, technologies, and/or concepts
• Designing and testing software, components, or integrated systems
• Developing models and performing data analysis
• Supporting operations and developing process controls and procedures
Program highlights include:
• Final presentation to management, peers, and other NNL employees
• Meet directly with NNL General Manager and Executive Leadership
• Partnership with a mentor
• Opportunity to tour local NNL site facilities
• Trip to a Naval Shipyard for a guided tour
• Extensive networking opportunities
NNL offers an outstanding Compensation and Benefits package for interns which includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Defined Contribution Retirement Plans:
o 401(k) Plan with company match
o Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
• Flexible work schedules and 9/80 work schedule option (every other Friday off). Hybrid work schedule may be available
• Stipend for qualified applicants (school and home address must be >50 miles from assigned work location)
The NNL Internship is a minimum 30 week program starting in January 2024.
An internship position may result in a return internship or full-time employment offer upon successful completion of the program.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
Candidates for Electrical/Computer Engineering co-op positions must be:
• Pursuing Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related BS, MS or PhD degrees from an accredited college or university
• Must have completed at least first full year of college by January 2024
• Enrolled/continuing in a degree program throughout this co-op assignment
Students must attach most recent unofficial college transcripts and resume to the employment application.
• Cumulative minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
• Prior related internship, co-op or work experience (paid or volunteer)
• Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD) or Naval Nuclear Program experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. FMP is a government contractor and maintains a drug free workplace and workforce. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test in compliance with FMP company policy and 10 CFR 707. Federal regulation requires FMP test for marijuana. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042, Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP) may require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date, subject to approved disability or religious accommodations. We understand this federal requirement is subject to litigation and enforcement may change. Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity